Seven Ann Arbor companies have been named to the Michigan 50 Companies to watch list by Michigan Celebrates Small Business and another is scheduled to be named the winner of the Small Business Innovation Award.
The list has been released annually since 2005 and more than 60 Michigan companies will be honored during the 11th annual Michigan Celebrates Small Business event on May 7 at the Lansing center.
The seven Ann Arbor companies included on the companies to watch list are:
- HistoSonics Inc. - Creator of a non-invasive medical technology.
- InfoReady Corporation - Creates software for data aggregation based on context and relevancy.
- Mighty Good Coffee Roasting Company - A coffee roasting company that also operates cafes in the city.
New Eagle - Designs and builds control system solutions.
- NewFoundry - Specializes in brand development and application design.
- Oxford Companies - Residential and commercial real estate company.
- Rubicon Genomics - Produces DNA and RNA amplification kits to assist life sciences researchers in genomic analysis.
In order to be considered for the list, companies must be privately held and headquartered in the state and have between 6-99 employees. The company must also generate annual revenue above $750,000, but no more than $50 million or have working capital from investors or grants received in 2014.